Conditions regarding covid-19
Corona can no longer be regarded as force majeure. The lockdowns and closure of catering and event locations cause very great damage to our profession. Many professional musicians have not been entitled to the generic emergency support and are on their last legs financially, where a large part of the economy is running better than ever. This distribution of damage is very unfair.
We ask that you keep this situation in mind when reading the terms and conditions below.
We apply two conditions. In this way it remains clear. After two years of corona, it has turned out that it is virtually impossible to draw up booking conditions that cover all dozens of scenarios.
You want to reschedule your booking due to corona
- You pay a fee of 25%
- This compensation expressly applies in all circumstances. So whether there is a lockdown or no lockdown, whether it is force majeure or not, whether or not the catering industry is completely or temporarily closed, whether or not there is a limitation on the number of attendees, or for whatever reason there is for the displacement.
- You pay this fee because we have a lot of extra work to move the booking. We have to check the availability of musicians again, the booking confirmations have to be processed and sent again and we have to perform all kinds of other extra administrative actions.
- You also pay this fee because musicians have kept the date of your booking free and have rejected other assignments for this. We are booked on a wide range of activities, so even if, for example, the catering industry is completely closed, we could have taken work at a funeral, for example. Or if bookings in the Netherlands are not possible, it would have been possible for us to perform in Belgium. So it is never as black and white as it seems. You pay this compensation to some extent to compensate for this damage.
You want to cancel your booking due to corona
- You pay a fee of 50%
- This compensation expressly applies in all circumstances. So whether there is a lockdown or no lockdown, whether or not the catering industry is completely or temporarily closed, whether or not there is a limitation on the number of attendees, or whatever reason there is for the cancellation.
- You pay this compensation so that you compensate us for the lost income that is so much needed for professional musicians in these dramatic times.